Maharashtra Government have allowed various use for land in agricultural zone. All agricultural uses including stables of domestic animals, piggeries, poultry farms accessory building, tents etc are allowed in such land. It can be also be used for Garden, forestry, nursery, public parks, private parks, play fields, summer camps for recreation of all types.
A. Various Types of Buildings in Agricultural Zone
Finally, As per Unified Development Control and Promotion Regulations 2020 (UDCPR) You can construct a various construction on the Agricultural Land. Unknowingly, as per new regulations there will be an astounding changes will be seen into development of a agrictural land. Let see various types of building we can construct on agricultural land.
1. Individual House in Agricultural Land –
Individual house of size upto 150 sq.m. for entire holding mentioned in the single 7/12 extract, as on date of coming in to force of theseregulations
2. Farmhouse –
Farm houses shall be permitted subject to followingconditions:-
Minimum plot area for above use shall be 0.4 Ha.. However, one farmhouse per land holding shall be permitted, irrespective of size of the landholding.
The FSI shall not exceed 0.04 subject to a maximum built up area of 400sq.m. in any case. Only ground +1 floor structure with height not exceeding 9m. shall be permissible.
3. Highway side amenities –
- Integrated highway/ Wayside amenities such as motels, way-side restaurants, fuel pumps, service stations, restroom and canteen for employees working on site and truck drivers, service godowns, factory outlets, highway malls, hypermarket along with public conveniences like toilets, trauma centre, medicine shop, bank ATMs and like activities with FSI of 0.2 on gross area without payment of premium and further FSI upto 0.3 with premium at the rate of 20% land rate in Annual Statement of Rates of the said land without considering the guidelines therein, shall be allowed subject to following conditions:-
Integrated Highway/ Wayside Amenities may be permitted to be developed on plots of land having a minimum area of 10,000 sq.m. Abutting to National Highways / State Highways or on any road not less than 18 m. width.
Provided that, No subdivision of land shall be allowed and location of fuel pump, if provided, shall be separatelyearmarked.
4. Industries in agricultural Zone
Any industry / industries with FSI of 0.20 without payment of premium and further FSI up to 1.00 with payment of premium at the rate of 20%of land rate in Annual Statement of Rates of the said land without considering the guidelines therein. Minimum buffer open space / set back (which may include marginal distance and road width if any) from the boundary of industrial Building / use to residential or habitable zone / use, shall not be less than 23 m. Such buffer open space shall be kept in the sameland.
Provided that, the area under such buffer open space / setback shall not be deducted for computation of FSI.
Provided further that, if the land under industrial zone is utilized entirely for non-polluting industries, IT / ITES or like purposes, then such buffer zone /open space shall not be necessaryProvided further that, Industrial layout / sub-division of land shall also be permissible subject to regulations of Industrial Zone. In such case, the plot shall be entitled for 0.20 FSI and further FSI as mentioned above, shall be subject to payment of premium. The condition to this effect shall be stamped on the layout / sub-division plan and also mentioned in the approval letter.
Provided further that, industrial godowns/ godowns shall also be permissible under this regulation.
5. MangalKaryalaya / Lawns
– Minimum area for mangalkaryalaya shall be 0.4ha with FSI of 0.20. It may be permitted along with essential guest rooms not exceeding 30% of the area of mangalkaryalaya. Area for parking shall be 40% of gross area which shall be properly earmarked and bounded by bifurcating wall. Further FSI up to 1.00 with payment of premium at the rate of 20% of land rate in Annual Statement of Rates of the said land without considering the guidelinestherein.
Lawns for ceremony shall be 0.8ha with FSI of 0.10. Area for parking shall be 40% of gross area.
The plot for mangalkaryalaya or lawn shall abut on road width of minimum 9m. in case of Nagar Panchayat, Municipal Council and Regional Plan area and 12 m. in case of otherareas.
6. Educational Building FSI
Development of buildings of educational, research and medical institutions, community development, human resources development, rural upliftment, yogashram, mediation centres, vipashyana centres, spiritual Centres, goshalas, panjarpol, old Age homes and Rehabilitation Centres along with allied activities, Planetarium / Astronomical / Astrophysical facilities / projects with FSI of 1.00 on gross plot area, out of which 0.20 shall be without payment of premium and remaining with payment of premium at the rate of 20% of the rate mentioned in the annul statement of rates of very said land without considering the guidelines therein subject to following conditions In case of educational use, 15% area may be used for commercial purpose subject to provisions of Regulation No. 4.10(vi).
7. Amusement Park in agricultural zone
Amusement park with minimum plot area of 1 ha. with recreational and amusement devices like a giant wheel, roller coaster, merry-go-round or similar rides both indoor and outdoor, oceanic-park, swimming pool, magic mountain and lake, ethnic village, shops for souvenirs/ citations, toys, goods, as principal uses and ancillary activities such as administrative offices, exhibition hall or auditorium, open air theatre, essential staff quarters, store buildings, fast food shops, museum, small shops, ancillary structures to swimming pool, ancillary constructions along with staff quarters and residential hotels. Maximum permissible FSI shall be 0.70on gross plot area, out of which 0.20 shall be without payment of premium and remaining with payment of premium at the rate of 20%of the rate mentioned in the annul statement of rates of very said land without considering the guidelines therein.
Area of Rides, whether covered or uncovered, shall not be computed towards FSI.
B. Zone Conversion to Agricultural to Residential –
Town planning scheme under the provisions contained in chapter-V of Maharashtra Regional & Town Planning Act, 1966 shall be allowed for minimum 20 hectare area, with proper road network subject to condition that entire cost of scheme shall be borne by the owners. After sanction of preliminary scheme under section 86 of the Act, all uses as that of residential zone, shall be permitted. FSI and other regulations shall be applicable as per residential zone.
If the owners come together for development on aforesaid concept of town planning scheme instead of undertaking town planning scheme under the Act, the Authority may allow and approve such development subject to availability of existing approach road of minimum 12 m. width and earmarking 40% of the land for roads, parks, playgrounds, gardens, social infrastructure and sale by the Authority, which shall be handed over to the Authority subject to following.
- Minimum 10% land shall be earmarked for playgrounds and parks, for which no FSI / compensation shall beallowed.
- Minimum 15% land shall be earmarked for social infrastructure and that for sale by the authority and shall be handed over to the authority for which compensation in the form of FSI shall be allowedin-situ.
- Road area only to the extent of 15% shall be calculated in this component for which compensation in the form of FSI shall be allowed in-situ. The road area over and above 15% shall be calculated in the owner’s / developer’sshare.
- The regulation No. 3.4 and 3.5 shall not be applicable in thiscase.
Development permission for uses permissible in residential zone shall be granted phase wise after completion of physical infrastructure works including off-site infrastructure and handing over of land to the Authority. The land under such proposals shall be entitled for basic FSI / Premium FSI / TDR / In-situ FSI as that in ResidentialZone.
C. Other Use of Agricultural Land
1. Fuel Station –
Vehicle Fuel filling Station including LPG/ CNG / Ethanol / Public Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles, subject to followingconditions:-
- Plot shall be located on any road with a minimum width of 12m. ormore.
2. IT park in agricultural zone –
IT/ITES parks/ units with 0.20 FSI
3. Ancillary Service Industries
Ancillary service industries for agro related products like flowers, fruits, vegetables, poultry products, marine products, related collection centres, auction halls, godowns, grading services and packing units, knowledge parks, cold storages, utility services (like banking, insurance, post office services) etc. on the land owned by individuals / organizations with FSI of 0.20 without payment of premium. Further FSI up to 1.00 may be granted with payment of premium at the rate of 20% of land rate in Annual Statement of Rates of the said land without considering the guidelinestherein.
4. Religious buildings
Religious buildings subject to conditions as may be prescribed byAuthority.
5. Slaughter house
Slaughter house or facilities for processing and disposal of dead animals with the special permission ofAuthority.
6. Film Studio
Development of Cinema and TV film production, shooting, editing and recording studios with its ancillary and supporting users, including construction of staff quarters, rest rooms, canteens etc. subject to the following condition:-
- The minimum plot area (necessarily under one ownership) shall not be less than 2 hectares.
- The permissible FSI shall be 0.2 on gross plot area without payment of premium and up to 1.00 with payment of premium at the rate of 20% of land rate in Annual Statement of Rates of the said land without considering the guidelinestherein.
7. Tourism in agricultural zone
Tourist homes, Resorts, Hotels, Motels, Health and Wellness spa, Golf courses, Art and Craft villages, Exhibition cum Convention Centre, Camping-Caravanning and tent facilities, Adventure Tourism Project, Eco Tourism Project, Agricultural Tourism Project, Medical Tourism Project, Boutique wineries, Guest houses and Bed and Breakfast scheme approved by MTDC / DoT, etc., with Rooms / Suites, support areas for reception, kitchen, utility services etc., along with ancillary structures like covered parking, watchman’s quarter, guard cabin, landscape elements, and if required, one observation tower per tourist resort upto the height of 15m. with platform area up to 10 sq.m. in permanent / semi-permanent structural components. The permissible FSI shall be 0.2 on gross plot area without payment of premium and up to 1.00 with payment of premium at the rate of 20% of land rate in Annual Statement of Rates of the said land without considering the guidelines therein.
1. Condition for Development-
- Maximum permissible FSI in this zone shall be 0.25 of gross plot area without payment of premium and remaining up to 1.00 with payment of premium at the rate of 20% of land rate in Annual Statement of Rates of the said land without considering the guidelines there in.
- The uses like resort, Holiday camp, recreational activities, amusement park, may be permitted in this zone.
- If the site is located adjacent to forts, archaeological and historical monuments, the development shall be governed by the rules prescribed by the archaeological department.
- If the site is located near natural lakes, then, development shall be governed by the following:-
|Distance from high flood line (HFL) / full storage level (FSL)
|Development to be allowed
|Up to 100 m.
|above 100 m. to 300 m.
|Ground floor structure with maximum height of 5m.
|above 300 m. to 500 m.
|G+1 storey structure with maximum height of 9m.
|above 500 m.
|Within permissible FSI and subject to other regulations.
- No subdivision of land shall beallowed.
- The land should have approach of minimum 9 m. wideroad.
- The land having slope steeper than 1:5, shall not be eligible fordevelopment.
2. Infrastructural Facilities-
All the infrastructural facilities required in site as specified by the Authority, shall be provided by the owner / developer at his own cost on the site. Proper arrangement for treatment and disposal of sewage and solid waste shall be made. No untreated effluent shall be allowed to pass into anywatercourse.
3. Pradhan Mantri AwasYojana
In the areas of Local Bodies and the area of SPA where Development Plan or planning proposal is sanctioned, “Pradhan Mantri AwasYojana” shall be permitted subject to the provisions of RegulationNo.14.4.1. from the link
4. Integrated Township Projects in agricultural zone
Integrated Township Projects as per Regulation No.14.1.1.
5. Hotels along National Highway
Buildings for Three star and above category hotels along National / State Highways, MDR and on other roads not less than 18 m. in width, may be permitted with FSI 0.2 on gross area without payment of premium and remaining up to 1.00with payment of premium at the rate of 20% of land rate in Annual Statement of Rates of the said land without considering the guidelinestherein