1. What is project management consultant (PMC)?
In the modernization, construction industry generally deals with various types of construction sectors like, real estate and infrastructure. Real estate sector carved up into Residential, commercial, corporate and industrial. In the same vein, infrastructure in roads, railways, urban infrastructure, ports, airports and power. For instance to manage such kind of peerless projects requires expertise with organization and a throughout body of knowledge.
2. What is Our Role as Project Management Consultant?
Foot2feet plays vital roles as a project management consultant and provides the services from inception to completion of projects. Our professional team of project management consultancy guides you during whole process with specialized skills and knowledge to assist you in making the best possible decisions.Likewise, PMC don’t have defined role but it varies on expertise needed in project management consultant. Few of expertise are as follows –
a. Role as an Architect
- An architect plays a vital role in preparing the financial feasibility of project, conduct technical analysis of offers made by the developer to you.
- We design the plan as per bylaws of local planning authority.
- Obtaining, checking & approval to drawing.
- Checking parking area, carpet area, utility & service areas etc.
- Analysis & approval for submission drawing.
- Analysis & approvals for site execution drawings.
- Consultations throughout construction process at every important situation.
b. Role as an Civil Engineer
- A civil engineer would cross verify the RCC structure during construction.
- Check quality of material used during the process of construction.
- Check specifications used by builder during construction are per builders offer
c. Role as a legal advisor
- As an legal advisor, All theduties associated with advocate
- Fulfilling Regulatory Guidelines
- Consultation in order to avoid litigation, arbitration and legal conflicts
Stages involved in project management Consultancy
We focus our complete attention on the complete process of project management with our various specialist such as planners, architects, engineering designers, constructors, fabricators, material suppliers, financial analyst and others.
Following are the major steps involved in our project management consultancy (PMC)-
- Pre-Construction Management–As the date of the commencement of the project approaches we take the complete ownership of entire project by tracing out the roadmap for our customers. However it includes advertising, monitoring and reporting pre-construction activities of the project. Most importantly the overall objective of the pre-construction project is to improve the efficiency and reduce time and cost. The phases involved in pre-construction management as follows-
- Project Administration
- Architects and consultants appointment
- Value Management
- Management and coordination of design
- Planning Management
- Cost Management
- Construction Management – During the construction period, we prepare construction management strategy, procedure, and manual and undertake the construction process management. In addition its necessary strategy of overseeing the all contractors supervision team at site and monitoring their established processes. The construction phase involves implementation of the construction plan by the project construction manager including day to day communication, as follows-
- Planning Management
- Contractors Appointment
- Environment, Health and safety Management
- Quality Management
- Cost Management
- Site Management
- Co-Ordination with Client, Architect and other Consultants
Points to be noticed while selecting Project Management Consultancy
Project Management consultancy is most effective and efficient when it is involved in total project lifecycle. Likewise, PMC brings the skills and the technical know – how required for the projects. Pmc provide the expertise, tools and manpower required in executing the project from planning to completion. Few factors are listed below –
- Most important factors in selecting PMC is that PMC must consists of Architects with expertise in corporation bye laws & good command over various area calculations & loop holes. This point becomes most important as very few architects/experts practice in byelaws / Liaisoning sector.
- Need to give impartial services.
- Require regular consultation for smooth process & easy decision making
- Transparency is important
- Require technically strong team.
- Must have one stop solutions for – legal, architectural, and financial, technical, structural consultant services.
- Need to give good understanding of the project sevice scope
- A good PMC Ensures Stringent Safety policy
- Compliance and documentation
Responsibilities of Project Management Consultancy-
PMC plays a lead role in project planning and implementation. Some of the responsibilities of Project management Consultancy includes-
- Suggestion & inputs for building specifications, corpus fund, additional area, amenity specifications, temporary accommodation arrangements.
- Preparing final tender documents
- Inviting tenders for developers / builders
- Short listing tenders & preparing comparison chart
- Inspection of agreement documents, check whether all clauses which may bring conspiracy in future are clearly mentioned.
- Checking developer strength, reputation & obtaining all necessary documents from them
- Verification of builder’s project report which explain how he is going to develop at the offers given by him.
- Suggestion & inputs on architects plan to improve quality of spaces, if possible.
- Frequent periodic site visits.
- Making Report of completion of all legal technical process which include various important factors like revocation of power of attorney, occupancy process && all other factors a society & developer should do.
- Suggestions on when & how to process all those documents & from whom it should be obtained, like developer, CA , advocate, contractor, Pune corporation, Dy Registrar and any other government or private body.